Ms. Sally YuCHINESE PATENT ATTORNEY
- M.S., Signal and Information Processing, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- B.A., Communication Engineering, Hohai University
Sally is a Chinese Patent Attorney with over 10 years’ experience in intellectual property. She has extensive experience in patent drafting, prosecution, reexamination and invalidation, as well as patent validity and infringement analysis. She has worked for both Chinese and well-known multi-national companies.
Sally worked as a patent examiner at the Chinese patent office (SIPO, now CNIPA) for over 8 years. As a patent examiner, she examined hundreds of invention and utility model patent applications in the information technology and communications area. Sally also conducted PCT searching and provided examination opinions for PCT examinations.
Sally has significant experience in patent infringement, administrative litigations, and patent invalidations, including:
- 2G-4G/WLAN Standard Essential Patents: Huawei vs Samsung; Sony vs IWNCOMM, individual vs Apple, individual vs Xiaomi
- Infringement analysis and patent invalidation: Philips vs individual; Baidu vs Sogou; Fitbit vs Immersion
- Infringement analysis and patent validity analysis related to chip products and other electronics products
Before joining Eagle IP, Sally worked as a patent attorney at King & Wood Mallesons where she worked on a wide range of patent cases for well-known multinational telecommunications companies. Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Sally was a university lecturer teaching courses about signals and systems and principles of communications.
Sally’s areas of expertise include telecommunications, telecommunication standards, SEP invalidations, electronics, electrical engineering, and information technology.
Her working languages are English and Mandarin Chinese.